Write into March – writing prompts to start the month
Let’s kick March off with these writing prompts. Writing prompts are a great way to think about where you are and where you would like to go. Do you have a planner? Or do you perhaps set intentions for the month?
March intentions will put a spring into your writing. It’s considered the first month of Spring and a time for some fresh thinking. It’s a new season and a new start. We’ve just had a powerful full moon which is always a wonderful time to let go of things. Just in case you didn’t there is no time like the present to release what does not serve you.
Writing prompts to kickstart your March #1
- One – read through the five points on the infographic
- Two – reflect before you write
- Three – create a one-two page planner or you can use this one
- Four – take action, use this five-day planner to help you.
- Five – write every day – even if it’s a bullet point
- Six – reflect often
- Seven – review the month and decide what next before you head into April
This month the theme is BEGINNINGS. That can be beginning again, it could be beginning something entirely new. Whatever it is, do or be it with an intention to find something that resonates with you. For me, my focus this month is beginning to focus on strengthening my body, albeit slowly.
Writing prompts to start the month #2
- What does beginning mean to you?
- Choose four elements of your life and write about how you can put some fresh life into them
- Write a love letter to you, expressing how your new beginnings will bring you joy
- How can you pour love into your new beginnings?
- How can you nurture your new beginning?
- Write about your all the times you have started something and not completed it. What do you notice about the patterns?
- What does Spring mean to you?
- How can you love anything new that you start so that you complete it?
- What makes you feel excited about introducing something new?
- Why is making a fresh start important to you?
- If you could write a book, what stops you from starting and why?
How to make the most of your March writing prompts
- This is not a race against time, savour each question and take your time
- Get into the right writing space
- Write in a beautiful journal
- Pick the one that most resonates and write that first
- Allow whatever wants to be written come up
- Leave and reflect
That’s it, March is the month of new beginnings. Find something new to start that will fill your heart and soul. Write often, enjoy the month and remember to spoil you every day.
If you’d love more of this writing stuff, if you have things you want to get out of you, find your writers voice and maybe even write a book, connect with me or get on The Writing Zone waiting list. Once you enter the Writer’s Lounge your pen will never be the same again…
Grab your Personal Stories e-book
Have you thought about sharing your personal story?
Discover your personal story. Start to connect with your tribe on an emotional level.